Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I continually get these "doom and gloom" messages from a friend. According to him, the end is near, we are all going to watch the US fall, the One World Government take over, conspiracy after conspiracy, etc.

Do I believe this stuff will happen? Of course. It will happen, and soon. Can I do anything about it? Of course not. If the WHO wants 3 billion dead within the decade to help "save the planet" and the Beast wants to get rid of currency and put a microchip in us, guess what? I cannot do a thing.

It's okay. It will happen. Christians will be the only religious group outlawed and persecuted. Wars, starvation, terror, etc.

So? If I die, I die. My problems are solved.

If I'm here, I have a job to do. Wash dishes, cook meals, scrub toilets, mop floors, wipe noses, change diapers, give love to every person I come in contact with. That's it.

It's not my job to worry about how God is going to end the days. He already has his plan, and me keeping up with the "latest" news like this friend does would interfere with the work He has for me.

In the Good Samaritan story, we are supposed, in some ways, to be like the Samaritan, having pity on all who need us. That is a big part of my job, the loving everyone I come in contact with. The rest of the story is that Messiah Jesus is the Samaritan, for only He can bind wounds and heal. I am supposed to be like His beast of burden that carried the injured man for Him. That's my job, beast of burdens. Follow Him and pick up every person He asks me to carry for Him, love them, cook for them, wipe their tears, clean for them.

That's it. That's what I will do for as long as I can. When they come for me, I hope I will be ready for them with some fresh baked cookies and love to give them, even as they take me away.

If I can't do my job, that is when I need to worry.


Today is:

Cleveland Day (Let's hear it for Cleveland!)

Hammock Day (Why isn't this in the spring? In this weather, you would melt and drip through the mesh of the thing.)

Health and Happiness with Hypnosis Day

Lotus Festival

Pi Approximation Day

Preparedness Day

Ratcatcher's Day/Pied Piper Day

Spoonerism Day (Reverend Spooner, who was famous for mixing words, and called called Victoria "My Queer Dean" instead of "My Dear Queen." He also told one nervous young bridegroom that, "Son, it is kistomary to cuss the bride.")


Birthdays Today:

Don Henley, 1947
Bobby Sherman, 1943
Alex Trebek, 1940
Orson Bean, 1928
Rose Kennedy, 1890
Gregor Mendel, 1822


Today in History:

Battle of Falkirk, English defeat the Scots, 1298
First printing of the "Tractate Niddah", a talmudic edition, 1489
General Moses Cleveland founds Cleveland, Ohio, 1796
"America the Beautiful written in Colorado by Katharine Lee Bates, 1893
300,000 Warsaw Ghetto Jews are sent to Treblinka, 1942

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.