Friday, July 31, 2009

I have been poking at the never ending paper pile. While I am convinced that it has infinite depth, I have come to realize that it does have limited width. The paper will always come in, but I think soon I will be able to contain it. Meanwhile, it has not poked me back, and no paper cuts yet.
Paper, paper, by the score,
I don't like you any more.
Though in books, you're loved, you see,
The rest of the papers can just bite me!


There is a system coming along, developing, I just need to baby it along. Some people want all the auto stuff together, including titles and insurance on each vehicle. I want all auto repair stuff together, but insurance goes under insurance, and vital records all go together. What works for one has to be modified for another, and I'm getting to where my modifications will make sense for me.


Today is:

Always Live Better Than Yesterday Day

Fill in the Blanks Day

Friendship Day

La Hae Hawai'i, Flag Day, Hawai'i

Lammas Eve (Loaf Mass, celebration of the bounty of summer.)

Loki and Sigyn's Day, Norse (i.e. Devoted Couples Day)

Mutt's Day (Hooray for the Heinz 57 dogs and cats of the world!)

National Raspberry Cake Day

Oul' Lammas Fair, Ballycastle

Red Friday

St. Germanus' Day

St. Giovanni Colombini's Day

St. Ignatius Loyola's Day

St Joseph of Arimathea's Day

System Administrator Appreciation Day (I'm not too sure about this -- some systems I don't appreciate at all.)


Anniversary Today:

United States Patent Office (The first patent went to Samuel Hopkins for a potash process, 1790.)


Birthdays Today:

J.K. Rowling, 1965
Evonne Goolagong, 1951
Barry van Dyke, 1951
Geraldine Chaplin, 1944
Ted Cassidy, 1932


Today in History:

Battle of Alexandria; while Marc Antony's forces won this minor skirmish against Octavian, most of his men deserted after, which led to his suicide, BC30
Oldest recorded eruption of Mt. Fuji, 781
The Arabs, under Saracen Leo van Tripoli, occupy, loot, and destroy Thessalonica, 904
Pilgrim Fathers depart England for America, 1620
For publishing a politically satirical pamphlet, Daniel Defoe is found guilty of seditious libel and pilloried; the people pelted him with nothing but flowers, 1703

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.