Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mom, have you seen my...

Honey, have you seen my...

Mom, where's the...

What do I look like, an information service? I guess I must, they expect me to know why the swim goggles aren't on the floor where they got dropped yesterday.

The good thing is, I lost my own marbles years ago and don't want to bother finding them. That way they can't make me any crazier than I already am.


Today is:

Bastille Day, France (I spent Bastille Day in Paris one year in high school. A good time was had by all. Because we were willing to enter into the spirit of the day and celebrate for and with them, a good many natives took us under their wings and showed us how to have fun safely.)

Emmeline Pankhurst Day (A crucial Suffragette from England.)

Feast of St. Ulric

International Town Crier Day (I like this. Today's "Town Criers" are news reporters, and they don't just give you the news, they give you the news they want you to hear, along with their opinions of it. I'd rather have a Town Crier.)

National Grand Mariner Day

National Nude Day (Unless you are talking Classic Great Art, I will pass, thank you.)

Pandemonium Day (What results from excess celebrations of Nude Day.)


Birthdays Today:

Roosevelt Grier, 1932
Ingmar Bergman, 1918
Gerald R. Ford, 1913
Woody Guthrie, 1912
William Hanna, 1910


Today in History:

Louis VIII becomes king of France, 1223
US Federal Government establishes its first direct tax on the states, taxing land, houses, and slaves, 1798
First demonstration in public of ice made by refrigeration, 1850
Dr. R. Goddard is issued the first ever patent on a liquid-fueled rocked design. 1914

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.