Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blank Brain Syndrome

Does anyone have a cure for blank brain syndrome?

It occurs when you think of 3 different ideas for blog posts (or other writing) while you are nowhere near your computer, and can't even grab a pen to jot it down at that moment. Then, when it comes time to write up the post, you cannot even begin to remember what it was you were going to write.

So I will give up for now trying to remember, and just say that I think Rid the World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day is a fabulous idea. I spent this morning being the only mom at co-op who ate the broccoli on the snack table, watching the others scarf down the junk food and talk about their next attempts to lose weight.

I also spent 35 minutes trying to make the concept of earning interest on their money comprehensible to 9, 10, & 11 year olds. I will find out how well I succeeded next week when I ask how much they remember.


Today is:

Archery Day

Brew A Potion Day

Champagne Day

Greek Cross Day

National Popcorn Day

Rid The World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day

St. Canute's Day (patron of Denmark)

St. Henry of Uppsala's Day (patron of Finland)

St. Wulfstan's Day

Timkat -- Ethiopian Orthodox Christian


Birthdays Today:

Jodie Sweetin, 1982
Shawn Wayans, 1971
Wendy Moniz, 1969
Junior Seau, 1969
Paul McCrane, 1961
Thomas Kinkade, 1958
Desi Arnaz, Jr., 1953
Dewey Bunnell, 1952
Robert Palmer, 1949
Paula Deen, 1947
Dolly Parton, 1946
Shelley Fabares, 1944
Janis Joplin, 1943
Michael Crawford, 1942
Phil Everly, 1939
Tippi Hedren, 1931
Jean Stapleton, 1923
Guy Madison, 1922
John H. Johnson, 1918
Lester Flatt, 1914
Paul Cezanne, 1839
Edgar Allan Poe, 1809
Robert E. Lee, 1807


Today in History:


San Agustin Church in Manila is officially completed; it is currently the oldest church in the Philippines, 1607
The first electric lighting system employing overhead wires, built by Thomas Edison, begins service at Roselle, New Jersey, 1883
The first regular transatlantic radio broadcasts between US and England begin, 1903
The US Senate votes against membership in League of Nations, 1920

1 comment:

  1. I frequently think of blog posts during the night - I'm afraid I'll awake everyone if I get up to jot it down and then the next day - NOTHING!!!
    I love to munch on broccoli, carrots & celery!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.