Monday, June 28, 2010

Another Conversation with #2 Son

Conversations with #2 Son continue to be frequent and weird.

"Mom, get the first aid kit, I'm bleeding again."

He was holding his left hand in his right, and had what looked like blood in the palm, but he has used fake blood before, and at night, with dim light, you can't always tell.

"Is this real, or are you pulling one again?"

"No, this is real. I accidentally stabbed my hand with a steak knife."

"How do you accidentally stab your hand with a steak knife?" I asked as I reached for the first aid supplies and the betadine.

"I was using it to try to get the duct tape off my hand."

"Why did you have...oh, never mind. Come over here and lets wash it off."

I turned on the water at the tap and he backed up. "Nooooo," he whined. "I don't want to wash it off, it is going to hurt!"

"It already hurts, I'm sure, so get over here and let me clean it."

"Noooo," he continued his wail of woe, as if I were torturing him and it was more than he could bear. "And don't use that stuff, either!" He pointed to the betadine. "The Neosporin will be enough."

I grabbed a paper towel and wet it thoroughly. He took it from me and wiped off the blood, then got a dry one and dried the hand while I opened a band-aid and put the antimicrobial salve on it.

"Here." I put the bandage on, and smoothed it. "It won't stay on this part of your hand too well, but that is okay. As long as it is on there for a half hour or so, that way the antibacterial stuff will have a chance to get in there."

"I'll keep it on longer than that!" he said.

"How?"

"Duct tape!"




Today is

Festival of Terrible Poetry

Go See Some Live Theater Tonight Night

Insurance Awareness Day - Now who do you think invented that!?!

National Tapioca Day

Paul Bunyan Day

Please Take My Children To Work Day

Stonewall Rebellion Day

St. Irenaeus' Day

Thanksgiving for Useful Fairies -- Fairy Calendar

Vidovdan (Festival for St. Vitus) -- Eastern Orthodox Christian


Anniversaries Today:

Harry S. Truman marries Bess Wallace, 1919


Birthdays Today:

Kellie Pickler, 1986
Steve Burton, 1970
John Cusack, 1966
John Elway, 1960
Kathy Bates, 1948
Gilda Radner, 1946
Turkan Soray, 1945
Pat Morita, 1932
Mel Brooks, 1926
Richard Rodgers, 1902
Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 1712
John Wesley, 1703
Peter Paul Rubens, 1577
Henry VIII, King of England, 1491


Today in History:

Fighters of the First Crusade defeat Kerbogha of Mosul, 1098
Ottomans defeat Serbian army in the bloody Battle of Kosovo, opening the way for the Ottoman conquest of Southeastern Europe, 1389
Guadeloupe becomes a French colony, 1635
The coronation of Victoria of the United Kingdom, 1838
The Théâtre de l'Académie Royale de Musique in Paris premieres the ballet Giselle, 1841
The first conformation dog show is held in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, 1859
Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo by young Serbian nationalist Gavrilo Princip, the casus belli of World War I, 1914
The Treaty of Versailles is signed in Paris, formally ending World War I, 1919
The Irish Civil War begins with the shelling of the Four Courts in Dublin by Free State forces, 1922
Israel annexes East Jerusalem, 1967
The Republic of Montenegro is admitted as the 192nd Member of the United Nations, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.