Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Laundry Mountain

Somehow, I fall down in the folding.

I wash. I hang up to dry. I bring it in. Sometimes I fold, sometimes I don't.

More often I don't.

Then, because it isn't folded, or all folded, it doesn't get put away. It sits in baskets, or on the table.

This is not fun.

I have shown each child the fun of folding their own clothes. It doesn't work. Even if they take it to their rooms, they don't fold, it just sits. Because it sits, it gets knocked to the floor, and stepped on, and dirty again before being worn.

So the cycle starts again.

I want off this treadmill.

As soon as I feed seven kittens, I will fold laundry. I will have to stop after every 10 pieces or so to feed someone who is still crying, but it has to be done.

Oh, for a folding fairy. I'll take care of the rest, just fold it for me.


Today is:

Battle Flag Day, Iowa

Chemistry Set Volcano Day

Edinburgh Militarty Tattoo -- Edinburgh, Scotland -- through the 28th

Feast of San Lorenzo -- Spain

Independence Day -- Ecuador

Lazy Day

Middle Children's Day

National S'mores Day

Opalia -- Ancient Roman Calendar, festival of Ops

St. Lawrence of Rome's Day

St. Oswald of Northumbria's Day


Anniversaries Today

Missouri becomes the 24th US state, 1821
The Smithsonian Institution is chartered, 1846


Birthdays Today

Antonio Banderas, 1960
Rosanna Arquette, 1959
Schim Schimmel, 1954
Ian Anderson, 1947
Bobby Hatfield, 1940
Rocky Colavito, 1933
Jimmy Dean, 1928
Eddie Fisher, 1928
Rhonda Fleming, 1923
Leo Fender, 1909
George Crockett, 1909
Norma Shearer, 1902
Henri Nestle', 1890
Herbert Hoover, 1874


Today in History:

Nineveh is destroyed and Sinsharishkun, King of the Assyrian Empire is killed, BC 612
Temple at Jerusalem is burned, 70
Ferdinand Magellan sets out with 5 ships to circumnavigate the globe, 1519
The foundation stone of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in London is laid, 1675
Word of the US Declaration of Independence reaches London, 1776
Mozart completes "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik", 1787
First ascent of Finsteraarhorn, the highest summit of the Bernese Alps, 1829
Candid Camera makes its television debut after being on radio for a year as Candid Microphone, 1948
The highest temperature ever recorded in the UK – 38.5*C (101.3*F) in Kent; it is the first time the UK has recorded a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for meandering by and letting me know you were here!
Comments on posts more than a week old are moderated.
If Blogger puts your comment in "spam jail," i'll try to get it hauled out by day's end.